The only time I get to watch movies is when I’m on a plane so when Susie Bubble and her boyfriend Steve invited me to go to the cinema just this past Saturday, I had to say yes. It’s been quite awhile since I last went to a movie theatre. The three of us saw the new film, “The Diary of a Teenage Girl” starring Bel Powley, Kristen Wiig, Alexander Skarsgard, at the Curzon cinema in Soho.
A few things —
1) I love Kristen Wiig
2) I love Alexander Skarsgard even more. *SWOON*
3) Bel Powley, at times, reminded me of Stefani Germanotta aka Lady Gaga but without makeup.
4) Don’t be misled by trailer.
5) It’s a very beautiful, riveting coming of age movie.
6) I love the visuals.
7) Every time I see flared jeans the first thing that comes to mind is “Vuitton, Ghesquiere, Vuitton”
8) There’s lots of sex on the film.
9) There’s way too many drug scenes. Everyone’s drunk and high.
10) The mom, the children, the stepdad are all doing drugs on the film. It was the 70s.
11) Yes, sex with Alexander Skarsgard.
It’s fascinating to see a film with a young, teenage girl embracing her feelings and her thoughts about sexuality — and this happens in real life. I won’t spoil it by sharing the key storylines but I suggest that you watch this beautiful film.