Once again, I’m thrilled and honored to visit Sydney thanks to Destination New South Wales and Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Australia. Sydney is quite easily one of my favorite cities in the world and I am so happy to be back! I’m kind of turning into an old fixture in this gorgeous town and I love it! It was so nice reuniting with the Deputy Premier of New South Wales, Andrew Stoner, and 2013 NSW Fashion Ambassadors include Kym Ellery, Anna Plunkett and Luke Sales from Romance Was Born, Lara Bingle, Jess Blanch from Russh Magazine and Jessica Stein of Tuula Vintage.
While I will be going to plenty of shows, I’m also super excited to hit some favorite spots in the city. I’m certainly looking forward to soak up as much of the amazing weather and food as humanly possible. I have always had great experiences here and I’m sure this visit won’t be any different.
Sunglasses by Dolce & Gabbana, bag by 3.1 Phillip Lim, shirt by Ermenegildo Zegna, sweater by Christopher Kane, trousers by Joseph, shoes by Prada
Photo credits: Queenie for Bryanboy.com, Dan Gosse, Getty Images
LOVER, the clothing label by Nic Briand and Susien Chong, is one of the brands that didn’t show at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Australia. Candice and I went to a showroom in Sydney to view their new collection. While Rumi and Colin photographed the sheer and lace pieces, I was busy obsessing over the sportswear-inspired, floral-printed tops and the round, zip-front, voluminous jackets.
1) The food is very good. It’s all about fresh produce and glorious, fresh seafood. I had oysters five days out of ten that I was there. The oysters at Otto were the best. They were served with salmon roe on top, amongst other things. You also have to go to Golden Century, the Chinese restaurant that’s open round the clock. It’s an institution.
2) Even though you’re in a big city, you’re always surrounded with nature. You’ll see heaps of trees, parks, gardens, etc. Oh and birds. There are birds everywhere! It’s all about the birds. I made friends with a group of seagulls near the Opera House.
3) It’s a very health-conscious city. There are tons of people running, jogging all over the place. In between the shows (on a weekday afternoon), Rumi and I saw at least three dozen guys collectively doing ab crunches and situps in the park.
4) Everything you need is right under your nose. It’s very convenient city to get around. Cabs are plentiful (you can hail them on the street like New York, unlike in Europe) and all the places you need to go is within a 5-20 minute cab ride.
5) The beach is a stone’s throw away. Bondi beach is super beautiful!
6) Speaking of Bondi beach, Bondi Icebergs is one of my favourite places in town. Be sure to visit in the afternoon and have a very late lunch followed by cocktails during sunset. The view is spectacular.
7) People are super friendly and helpful. Sydneysiders are very curious, very chatty and very smiley. They’re kinda like good looking, healthier, all-natural versions of British people in Los Angeles.
8) Sydney feels very safe. There aren’t many cities in the world where I feel safe (I got mugged in Paris twice for instance) but Sydney seems to be safe enough. Maybe because there are tons of Asians (there are areas of Sydney where I feel like I’m in Singapore or Hongkong)??? I mean, Asians, in general, are mostly peaceful people…
9) You have a take a sunset cruise along Sydney Harbour aboard someone’s yacht. It’s magnificent.
10) There are tons of hot guys. I kid you not!!! Lord have mercy on me. Several blogger colleagues could not stop staring at hot guys left and right. Just look — don’t talk or touch!
Australia’s Next Top Model Cycle 6 Episode 4: Nowhere to Hide
Ashton (who somewhat reminded me of a tall Julia Restoin-Roitfeld) was eliminated on the last episode and there are nine girls left.
Here’s the latest installment of Australia’s Next Top Model. That Michael Klim looks like a fucking neo nazi! SCARRRRRYYYYY!!! Please don’t hurt me for saying this but I’m really petrified of tall, white skinheads.
Oh and Kim. KIM BLOODY KIMBERLY THE BOGAN. I REALLY WANNA SMACK HER FACE. Anyway, I won’t spoil it… click click click!
Australia’s Next Top Model Cycle 6 Episode 3: Before And After
Megan was eliminated last episode and there are now ten girls remaining.
Sophie is the most annoying girl out of the whole lot. I really, really, really, REALLY wanna smack her face. Don’t get me started with the make-up. What is up with her beige lipstick? Ah yes, she’s an Avon lady. Anyhoo, the girls had makeovers and Kelsey looks stunning with her new hair.
Click click click to watch the rest of the episode online.
I love Australia’s Next Top Model! The country down undah that brought you modeling sensations like Gemma Ward, Abbey Lee Kershaw and Catherine McNeil is also the country where the best ‘Next Top Model’ franchise is from. It’s the only one worth watching.
After watching this episode, I’m rooting for KATHRYN! I’m all for tall and skinny! Also, the Avon Lady with the tan and too much makeup on… I think she’s this season’s bitch. As in, the one who would make interesting TV.