1. Thought I’d say a big, big, big, thank you to my blog sponsor American Apparel. Sponsors like yourself are the reason why I wake up each morning to blog (well that, and to entertain my readers too, which is really, the #1 reason why I blog, but still. haha!) You guys rock!
2. Mexico here we go! Thanks to El Porvenir newspaper in Monterrey for the lovely mention.
3. God I love my readers. Tom from the UK spent his precious time researching just to send me a very rare copy of that song I’ve been looking for since June! Remember that post? YES!! It’s the correct remix of Controversy that was used at the Christian Dior Spring 2003 show! I’m literally having goosebumps right now as I’m typing this. For realz. You gotta fast forward to 4:14 to hear the best bits, the one where Jacquetta Wheeler sashayed down the runway!! I don’t know about you but set it in stone I’m gonna play this on my ipod, autorepeat, when I mince my fat arse at the mall tomorrow.
Prince – Controversy (Black Hub Remix)
Click HERE to download
4. Aussie label Sass & Bide have pulled out of NY Fashion Week this Spring 2009 show season [fashion week daily]
6. Vogue España‘s papi chulo blogger Roberto Enríquez goes on a well-deserved vacation. Thanks for the shout-out! [vogue españa]
7. Welcome to the club! Teen Vogue favourites Sophie Buhai and Lisa Mayock of Vena Cava, the cute Thakoon Panichgul of Thakoon, Jenni Kayne, Sue Stemp, Scott Sternberg of Band of Outsiders, jewelry designer Philip Crangi and Rachel Comey were recently inducted into the CFDA aka Council of Fashion Designers of America. [teen vogue]
8. Vogue Italia follows through with the use of black models on its editorials. Go Jourdan Dunn! [fashionologie]
9. I still can’t believe Justin Timberlake (of all people) is the face of Givenchy’s new men’s fragrance called “Play”. [brandish]