Laundry List Thursday: Bluefly
You’re 5’9 and 115 pounds (ok I lied, 118) and you live in the third world. Let’s say you only have a $5,000* budget to create a 7-day daytime wardrobe from scratch and you can only go to one shop, in this case, Bluefly . What would you get?
Click click click!
* Taxes not included. Are you fucking kidding me?
Right. Who knew my little laundry list ended up being a ‘shopping analysis’ experiment? I’m actually writing this bit AFTER I picked my selections on Bluefly .
My goal was to create a little 7-day daytime look based on my favourite things, the things I find nice… pieces that I can actually wear myself (me silly not Granny Bee!) blah blah blah.
Obviously I rediscovered/reinforced a lot of things I already know about my habits. HELLO FASHION VICTIM! No doubt about that.
Here’s some of my observations:
1) I’m an impulse shopper. I buy everything I like in a snap WITHOUT thinking about it. I know a lot of people shop for things TO INCORPORATE what they already have in their closet.
2) I spent half of my budget on the "first" day. Look at Monday for instance. Eeek!
3) Scarves are fantastic — you can use them as a necktie, a belt, something on the head, yaddi yaddi yadda.
4) I still love my skinny jeans. Even before EVERYONE started wearing em. Always have, always will.
5) There’s lots of black, black, black in my laundry list.
6) The logo a gogo in me is gone.
7) Is it just me or is there a severe lack of color?
8) I totally forgot socks. and underwear.
9) Boots? in third world heat? Who cares. . I love me boots. Always have, always will.
10) Take note of the sleeves. Back in my day, the only thing I wore are tank tops and tees. I’m too fat now and self-conscious of my morbidly obese arms.
11) Most of the clothes are women’s. I may be fat but I still couldn’t fit into men’s sizes.
12) The Hermes handbag really took a huge part of my budget. Well… one good bag is better than 7 mediocre bags. Yes?
Last but not the least…
God damn $5,000 is NOT enough!! Hahaha!
Tops – 8
Shorts – 2
Jeans – 2
Bag – 3
Necklace – 3
Footwear – 3
Scarf – 2
Sunglasses – 2
- Twelfth St. by Cynthia Vincent dark purple metallic threaded cardigan – $120
- Hudson brown stretch twill skinny leg jeans – $112
- Hermes yellow geometric chiffon scarf – $292
- Hermes chocolate calfskin horizontal "Caravane" bag – $1,485
- Ralph Lauren Polo dark brown leather "Gilbert" sandals – $54.99
- Kenneth Jay Lane wood multi-strand beaded necklace – $71.99
- Ralph Lauren Collection black plastic aviator wrap sunglasses – $126
- Petit Bateau black long-sleeve crewneck t-shirt – $24
- Joe’s Jeans black stretch cotton bermuda shorts – $76
- Tocca navy and oatmeal stripe linen yellow leather shoulder strap "Wanda" bag – $267
- Lilla P black cotton scoop neck tank – $33
- Taverniti So Jeans black stitched pocket ‘shirly’ skinny jeans – $141
- Gucci black linear square silk scarf – $236
- Hype black perforated leather "Bahia" convertible clutch – $78
- Yves Saint Laurent black leather "Nomade" high top sneakers – $312
- Marc Jacobs red plastic oversized shields – $144
- Viktoria Hayman black beaded horn necklace – $130.99
- Alice & Olivia white stretch cotton pintucked blouse – $126
- Hudson blue denim overall straps cuffed shorts – $99
- Chanel black leather stitched riding boots – $749.99
- Kenneth Jay Lane long crystal drop pendant necklace – $30
Bryanboy’s note: GOD DAMMIT, I have 3 more days and I’m already up to $4,708.96!!!!!!!!! Time to mix, match and repeat I guess. Hahaha!
- Design History gray ruched elbow sleeve top – $33
- Cousin Johnny black short-sleeve pointelle cardigan – $49.99
- Petit Bateau white tank top – $18
- Dolce & Gabbana white eyelet tie-neck blouse – 164.99
Grand Total: US$4974.94
All of these items are available at Bluefly . Go go go! Buy buy buy!
And there you have it. Ya still have a couple of dollars left to get your own personal sucky sucky five dolla ho!
Email me and tell me you love me! My email address is firstname.lastname@example.org or SMS +63.915.785.1492
I love you all!